ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows BA Client Question

2013-09-05 11:11:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows BA Client Question
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:07:20 +0000
Hi,
I'm sending out to you all to understand 2 questions that I have and why the BA
Client works the way it does?

I have a Windows Server 2003/2008 and 2012 servers that I want to backup with
TSM BA Client 6.3 and 6.4.
Because of old tradition are we using TSM Client Acceptor to run the TSM Client
Scheduler services. And in this case do we want the Client Scheduler to polling
their next backup every 4 hour.
But what I can see is that, every time when the Client Scheduler want to query
it's backup, TSM create minimum 4 new Windows Application Information Events
that TSM Client Scheduler has started/ended and also started Microsoft Volume
Shadow Copy Services.
Is it any way I can disable this events to been created at all? I did created
my TSM Client Schedules with switch Eventlogging:NO and that didn't help.
I want to know if it is possible to disable them at all or if this is a feature
that I need to leave with?

My second question is related to the same clients, but when I run "Query
Inclexcl" on my Clients, then can I see a summary of what TSM Server/dsm.opt
and Operating System want to include and exclude.
And most of the Operating Systems exclusions are located under
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup.
But under that registry directory can't I find all Operating System excludes,
as an example in my case does "Query Inclexcl" show following Exlcude

Exclude D:\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\Data\MyDatabase.mdf
Exclude E:\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\Data\MyDatabase.ldf

So my question is, where does the TSM Backup-Archive Client find does
exclusions?

Best Regards / Med vänlig hälsning

Christian Svensson