ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Enabling Encryption in TS3500/E06 Drives

2013-09-03 11:16:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Enabling Encryption in TS3500/E06 Drives
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 11:14:34 -0400
Well, contrary to the response I received about this being as simple as
changing the devclass value, I can not get encryption to work.

I changed the devclass to  DRIVEENCRYPTION=ON and the first attempt to
write a new tape fails with:

9/3/2013 9:59:03 AM ANR8985E The drive 7876475
(/dev/lin_tape/by-serial/000007876475) in library TS3500-COPY is using an
encryption method that is incompatible with the current server settings.

So, I figured I would check the hardware settings of the TS1130 -E06
drives.  They were all set to NO ENCRYPTION.  I changed this to APPLICATION
and figured that would take care of it. No such luck.  Same errors.

Tried resetting/cycling the drives - still nothing.

Tried taking all drives and paths offline, figuring this might
reset/retrieve the new drive setting - still nothing - same errors.

Is there some library (TS3500) setting that may be blocking this?

So, what I am missing?