ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3310 Tape Library Cleaning Slot

2013-08-20 19:11:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3310 Tape Library Cleaning Slot
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 01:08:42 +0200
Jeff,

If you don´t want to stop TSM, the other alternative is to delete paths,
drives and library.
Make the necessary library changes and redefine the library. Checkin
scratch tapes and checkin private next.
If you have library clients, run an audit on the library client next. All
should be fine now.

I´ve done it a few times and it´s more work than shutdown-restart TSM but
if you like uptime (or have a SLA), this is the way to do it....

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,

Marcel Anthonijsz