ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move node to new domain

2013-08-19 20:54:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move node to new domain
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:52:46 -0400
On 08/19/2013 12:26 PM, Tim Brown wrote:
We recently moved a node from domain dm1  to domain dm2  but are still seeing
nodedata references in dm1 that we cant remove.

Moving a machine from one domain to another doesn't magically move
existing data according to the location opinions that would have
applied, if you'd backed up the old data according to the new domain..

If you want to move NODE1 data from STGPOOL_OLD to STGPOOL_NEW, then you
should do something like:

- Q auditocc NODE1

- Q occ all the volumes reflected in the auditocc.

If you're well collocated, then you might have NODE1 on isolated
volumes.  That's great.  If not, then

- Define a new stgpool TEMP with COLLOCATION=YES

- MOVE DATA [volumename] stg=TEMP for all the volumes

Now, you've got NODE1's data isolated for sure.  Re-check the auditocc
and the q occ that follows.

Then MOVE DATA [volumename] stg=STGPOOL_NEW

Once you've got all of NODE1's data out of TEMP, you can set TEMP's
NEXTSTG to be STGPOOL_OLD, and set highmig and lowmig to zero, and wait
for it to drain.

- Allen S. Rout