ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server

2013-08-19 12:26:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:24:19 -0400
Currently, I have simply distributed the schedules for the nodes (each has
its own since the OBJECT of the schedule is the share name (e.g. "\\
rose.adm.adp.vcu.edu\healthadmin")

Traffic to/from the TSM server is not the issue.  Traffic from this "head
server" to each mount point, is.  Just had a long discussion with the admin
of this head/box and as I understand it, it only has 2-nics, 1-private
gigabit to the TSM backups network and 1-public gigabit connection to the
shares.

I have told them to turn on instrument tracing for a few of the nodes but I
am sure it is a network/scanning issue.  One backup recently finished after
it ran *11h30m*, scanned *2M* objects of *2.2TB* but only backed up
93-files of *29MB total*.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator