ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server

2013-08-19 09:17:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:16:47 -0400
DB overhead?  This is a V6.2/DB2 server.  That shouldn't be an issue (or so
we are told) any more, like with 5.5? On this TSM server, the DB is a 245GB
and "Buffer pool hit ratio" is 99.3% and "Package cache hit ratio" is 99.7%.

I have tried discussing things like SAN based backups and even VM imaging
but everyone wants access/control over their individual backups/restores
and thus the 31-TSM clients, yes, running 31-dsmcad sessions with unique
httpports