ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server

2013-08-16 13:05:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum TSM nodes per server
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:04:03 -0400
On 08/16/2013 11:29 AM, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> We are starting to experiencing performance issues on a server that acts as
> the "head" for multiple (31 currently) TSM nodes.
> [...]
> Anyone out there something like this?  What are the realistic limits?  I
> have tried spreading the backup start times as much as I can.

We're doing something similar;  filesystem walking is certainly the
bottleneck for us.  We've got some FSes with 40M+files, and it can take
days to walk them.

If you're not doing Memoryefficientbackup, then you want to:  for those
big spaces, simply getting the map into core can be a challenge.

I'd be really surprised if the _node_ count, per se, was relevant.
I've got some customers who have dozens of nodes on a single server,
because they want to be able to move them independantly.

You're not using 31 different DSMCAD processes, are you? :)

- Allen S. Rout