ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 passive copies

2013-08-16 12:36:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 passive copies
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:34:49 -0700
I have a question related to Exchange 2010 passive copies. I told the system
holds both active and passive database copies and after doing some research it
'looks like' in order to back up passive copies the VSS writer needs to be
turned off, but as I understand it that would affect the backup of the active
copies.

Is anyone aware of a process to do both or is this article I see to edit the
registry to set EnableVSSWriter 0 not necessary or is there another way to
accomplish this?

Thank You
Geoff