ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DR with automated library

2013-08-13 18:15:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DR with automated library
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:13:23 +0000
I agree with Dwight.
When going to a cold DR site (i.e., one that has a bare host OS, not one that
belongs to you and can be pre-configured),
I tell my customers not to mess with trying to update the devconfig and prepare
scripts, on V5 or V6.

Just go ahead and install the TIP with the TSM server.
Use the TIP to define the library and 1 drive, any libname you want.
Check in your DB tape.
Restore your data base.
Use the TIP to update the (newly restored) library and drive paths to match the
DR site library (assuming SANDISCOVERY doesn't patch it for you).

I know that seems counterintuitive, but the time to install the TIP is pretty
short now on decent-capacity hardware.
And it makes library/drive definition so easy, it takes less time than
untangling the messes I've seen some people get into trying to tweak a
devconfig if they don't have experience with it.