ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Data Protection for Lotus Domino

2013-08-12 07:51:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Data Protection for Lotus Domino
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:50:37 +0200
Hi all!

We are currently migrating part of our company from Netbackup to TSM.
They currently backup their Lotus Domino servers to tape (through the
SAN) by using Netbackup for Lotus Notes and they achieve an average
throughput around 10 Mb/sec. This performance is acceptable for the
customer. It's achieved because Netbackup is able to use multiple backup
streams.

We installed Data Protection for Lotus Domino and we see an average
throughput of less than 1 Mb/sec. Tracing showed that the client is
mostly waiting for the Domino server. My guess is that we can achieve 10
Mb/sec too if we were able to use some kind of parallelism with TDP, but
I cannot find a way to do this, other than backing up each database
individually at the same time... Not very convenient.

Does anybody have some tips to boost TDP performance in some way?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Kind regards,

Eric van Loon

AF/KLM Storage Engineering

e-mail, and delete this message.