ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS9180W during client backup

2013-08-05 09:36:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS9180W during client backup
From: Bjoern Rackoll <backup.rackoll AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:33:21 +0200
Hello all,

I've got a strange problem with a client backup. The client is an
OpenSuse 12.3 running TSM client 6.2.4.4. This is a 32bit machine, so I
can't install a 6.3 or 6.4 client. Server is AIX 7.1 with server version
6.3.3.100.

After installing the client software, the backup runs fine. After
rebooting the client machine (this is an office computer, so this
happens regularly) the scheduler starts and the client backups
everything (at least as far as I can see), but gives error ANS9180W ("An
entry in the password file could not be decrypted") and exits with RC 12.

The same behaviour is on the command line ('dsmc i'): The client starts
and backups files, but asks for the client password after some time.
However, the backup continues until I answer the password question with
<Ctrl>-<C>.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround other than ignoring the
error and disabling the daily mails about a failed backup?
Unfortunately, reinstalling the client with another OS isn't possible,
either.

Regards,

--
Bjoern Rackoll