ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 6.2.5 not starting after Java upgrade

2013-07-31 11:39:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 6.2.5 not starting after Java upgrade
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:37:57 +0100
Try this

There is an IBM doc, here is the link

The issue is with the db2gcf command. The "db2gcf" command is called via
"db2iupdt" script with a timeout value of 10 seconds. If the command does
not complete within 10 seconds, the "db2iupd" can fail with error DBI1250E.
The following steps can be used to resolved the issue:

1. Make sure the following command returns correct value:
#db2gcf -i instancename -s 1
Instance : tsminst1
DB2 State : Operable

2. Modify db2iupdt as follows :

#cd /opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/instance/
#cp db2iupdt db2iupdt.ori
# vi db2iupdt

-modify the following line:
${gcfdir?}/db2gcf -i ${instancename?} -s -t 10 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null
${gcfdir?}/db2gcf -i ${instancename?} -s 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

3. Rerun db2iupdt:
$/opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/instance/db2iupdt tsminst1

4. Restart TSM server as normal