ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows client memory leak

2013-07-27 03:34:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows client memory leak
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:34:22 -0500
The problem should go away if you use the Client Acceptor Daemon. The
scheduler client program is notorious for memory leaks at various
release levels. With the CAD, dsmsched terminates after each backup,
releasing all its memory. We now use the CAD on all Windows client
machines.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====