ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 Cleaning slot not defined

2013-07-24 20:18:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 Cleaning slot not defined
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:16:19 +1000
I think you have to
* remove the data/normal partition
* Increase the cleaning slots
* recreate the data/normal partition using remaining tapes.

HTH

Grant

On 25/07/13 08:15, Geoff Gill wrote:
Hello,

 From what I have read about the TS3310 by default there is one cleaning slot defined and you can
add a few more through the interface. On the library in question, whoever set it up removed that
cleaning slot and defined all slots as data slots. Going through the web interface to change that
in "Manage Library", "Cleaning Slots" it is impossible. The drop down says None
(AutoClean will not be available) and nothing else to choose from.

Hopefully someone can answer this for this type library. Since there is at
least one empty slot in the library is there a way to remove one slot from the
one defined library so I can then turn around and define that as a cleaning
slot without having to do anything on the TSM server related to the library or
the inventory of it since TSM should not know about an empty slot?

Thank You
Geoff Gill