ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Correct equation for the sum of q occ

2013-07-22 01:24:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Correct equation for the sum of q occ
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 05:21:10 +0000
Hi Chavdar

I completely forgot about tis command ... Thanks

So let me elaborate a little bit ....

Running this command  after first run audit licenses to get the update
situation I got:

tsm: ADSM>q auditocc mnhl_cluster

License information as of last audit on 07/22/13 at 07:00:16.

Node Name                                  Backup       Archive
Space-Managed         Total

                                          Storage       Storage      Storage
Used       Storage

                                        Used (MB)     Used (MB)
(MB)     Used (MB)

-----------------------------------     ---------     ---------
-------------     ---------

MNHL_CLUSTER                            3,006,817             0
0     3,006,817

AS I said in my previous message I backup this client MNHL_CLUSTER on a storage
pool  with TSM deduplication running (side server only).

tsm: ADSM2>q stg deduptsm_cc f=d

                    Storage Pool Name: DEDUPTSM_CC

                    Storage Pool Type: Primary

                    Device Class Name: FILECLASSDEDUPTSM

                   Estimated Capacity: 7,521 G

                   Space Trigger Util: 89.3

                             Pct Util: 41.8

                             Pct Migr: 41.8

                          Pct Logical: 91.7

                         High Mig Pct: 100

                          Low Mig Pct: 99

                      Migration Delay: 0

                   Migration Continue: Yes

                  Migration Processes: 1

                Reclamation Processes: 3

                                               Collocate?: No

                Reclamation Threshold: 100

      Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 300

       Number of Scratch Volumes Used: 59

        Delay Period for Volume Reuse: 0 Day(s)

               Migration in Progress?: No

                 Amount Migrated (MB): 0.00

     Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 0

             Reclamation in Progress?: Yes

       Last Update by (administrator): ROBERT

                Last Update Date/Time: 07/21/2013 07:36:38

             Storage Pool Data Format: Native

                               Continue Copy on Error?: Yes

                             CRC Data: No

                     Reclamation Type: Threshold

          Overwrite Data when Deleted:

                    Deduplicate Data?: Yes

Processes For Identifying Duplicates: 0

            Duplicate Data Not Stored: 5,248 G (68%)

                       Auto-copy Mode: Client

Contains Data Deduplicated by Client?: No

Every day I run the identity duplicates process and after it a reclaim stg
process….

Now I want to figure if it's a possibility to calculate after the deduplication
of the TSM process how much data is in fact store for the client MNHL_CLUSTER ?

Best Regards

Robert