ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VE backup of Orcale Windows server

2013-07-19 11:04:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VE backup of Orcale Windows server
From: "Huebner, Andy" <andy.huebner AT ALCON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:02:24 +0000
The first part of the solution came from this link:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=5962168

This gave us the hint that we were not waiting long enough.  We built in a 2
minute wait and the Oracle errors ceased.

Now we keep getting disconnects after 4 or 5 hours, so while the backup is now
running without killing the application, we are not completing the backup.  We
have opened a case with IBM.

Thank you everyone for the help.

This is our new problem:
7/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS9365E VMware vStorage API error for virtual machine
'vm096'.
   TSM function name : VixDiskLib_Read
   TSM file          : vmvddksdk.cpp (2770)
   API return code   : 14009
   API error message : The server refused connection
07/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS0361I DIAG: VmProcessExtent(): Retrying failed read:
vddksdkRead() rc=-1, startSector=0, numSectorsToRead=512
07/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS9365E VMware vStorage API error for virtual machine
'vm096'.
   TSM function name : VixDiskLib_Read
   TSM file          : vmvddksdk.cpp (2770)
   API return code   : 14009
   API error message : The server refused connection
07/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS0361I DIAG: VmProcessExtent(): Read failed:
vddksdkRead() rc=-1, startSector=0, numSectorsToRead=512
07/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS1228E Sending of object 'vm096' failed
07/19/2013 03:25:27 ANS5283E The operation was unsuccessful.

Andy Huebner