ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 Mailbox Restore - need help with what's happening here...

2013-07-17 16:30:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 Mailbox Restore - need help with what's happening here...
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:28:23 -0400
Hi Wanda,

I assume you are referring to a DP/Exchange
"Mailbox Restore" operation and directing the
restore to a .PST file.

Keep in mind that a single user's mailbox is contained within
an Exchange mailbox database. There could be many user mailboxes in
that mailbox database. Even if you are restoring a
single user's mailbox, the entire mailbox database is restored
to a temporary database (called a Recovery Database).
After the mailbox database restore completes, the single user's
mailbox data is extracted from the Recovery Database and
written to the .PST file.

Is the user's mailbox 1.4 GB or is the mailbox database that
contains the user's mailbox 1.4 GB?
If it's the former, how big is the mailbox database itself?
The size of the entire mailbox database will determine
how the long the mailbox database restore operation may take.

I am not sure when you ran the QUERY SESSION, but
since only 4.4 MB of data has been transferred
on the VSS Requestor node (BA Client Node), it does not
appear that the restore has really even begun yet.
You said it had not called for a tape, so I am wondering
if it is still performing queries.

There is an APAR that comes to mind here.

IC86558: TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER SERVER NEEDS TOO MUCH TIME TO
         RESPOND ON QUERIES FROM DATA PROTECTION FOR EXCHANGE.

   http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC86558

If this doesn't help and you don't see anything obvious,
you could open a PMR to have the support team help
you pinpoint where the holdup is.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 07/17/2013
03:26:31 PM: