ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems creating instance on stand-by node

2013-07-16 11:12:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems creating instance on stand-by node
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:09:57 +0200
Hi TSM-ers!

I installed the TSM 6.2.5.0 server code on two AIX nodes in a PowerHA
cluster. Both TSM instances are running fine on their own default node.
Now I'm trying to make the TSM servers HA ready by registering the DB2
instance op the stand-by node, using the db2icrt command. I'm using
technote 1452772 as reference, since the installation guide seems to be
incomplete.

A failover was performed and according to the instructions I now have to
create the empty DB2 instance on the stand-by node by issuing the
following command:

/opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/instance/db2icrt -u tsm_abu2 tsm_abu2

This however results in the following error:

DBI1082E  The file or directory /appl/tsm_abu2/sqllib already exists

Of course this directory exists: it was created during the initial
creation of the instance on the primary node!

Could you please help me in solving this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Eric van Loon

e-mail, and delete this message.