ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to stop reboot installing TSM client and the Microsoft Visual C 10 redistributables

2013-07-12 13:32:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to stop reboot installing TSM client and the Microsoft Visual C 10 redistributables
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:29:45 -0400
I was doing upgrades to servers using the 6.3 and 6.4 clients ( mixture of
Windows 2003 and 2008). I did maybe 3-dozen and I had 2 of them to a reboot
during the Microsoft redistributable package. Didn't even ask me! How rude!
J  On one of the servers I managed to stop the reboot because there was a
notepad asking to save the file. The other just kinda went away and the
customer was not happy.

Is there a way to do the install and NOT have it automagically reboot during
that Microsoft install?

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
(610) 927-4407
"Enjoy life. It has an expiration date." - ??