ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] LDAP authentication in TSM6: Any takers?

2013-07-11 15:01:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] LDAP authentication in TSM6: Any takers?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:59:39 -0400
I got all excited about the V6 LDAP password thing, and then I read the
docs... Ugh.  So I wanted to see if anyone's doing it, to validate or
falsify my conclusion:  You can maybe _use_ the active directory
database to store your data, but it is explicitly not authenticating
admins or nodes "against" AD.  It's using LDAP as a general purpose
database in which to store facts like password hashes and usernames.

Right?

IBM's been talking about authentication exits for TSM since at least
1998.  _ANY_ database outside the server is at least a step in the right
direction.  But oy, and also vey.

- Allen S. Rout