ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] query archive returns nothing

2013-07-08 17:24:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] query archive returns nothing
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:22:42 -0700
I was wondering if perhaps this makes sense to anyone. While logged on as a
user, not root, an archive is run. dsmc archive /var/log/test/* with
-deletefiles. archive ran, shows 8 files archived and 5 files deleted.

dsmc q archive /var/log/test/* -subdir yes, dsmc q archive /var/log/test, dsmc
q archive /var/log/test -subdir=yes all return ANS1092W No files matching
search criteria were found.

So the question: Is it possible a user could archive files and not see anything
with the query? Is it possible I have a client level problem, which I'm trying
to research now. what else am I missing? I have asked them to log in as root
and do the query but won't get a response till tomorrow so I thought I'd see I
got any hits here.

Thank You
Geoff Gill