ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange2010 6.4.0.0 Incremental backups not truncating logs

2013-07-08 10:30:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange2010 6.4.0.0 Incremental backups not truncating logs
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:11:36 -0400
Hi Steve,

With Exchange 2010, especially when set up in a Database
Availability Group (DAG), the log truncation can be "delayed"
because Exchange must make sure all log updates are sent and
committed in all copies (active and passive) before it
truncates the logs. A backup product (like TSM) completes a
full backup and reports the backup is successful to Exchange.
It is then the responsibility of Exchange to perform the
actual log file truncation. You should see evidence of this
notification to truncate logs in the Windows Event log.

We have seen cases when Exchange is still failing to
truncate logs. In those cases, customers have needed to
engage Microsoft support to find what is preventing Exchange
from performing the log truncation.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 07/08/2013
09:42:04 AM: