ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question for Linux tape experts

2013-07-02 06:49:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question for Linux tape experts
From: Alexander Oltu <Alexander.Oltu AT UNI DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 12:48:02 +0200
On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:52:43 +0200
Loon, EJ van - SPLXM wrote:

> So, I'm looking for a way to avoid the cat command, but I need a way
> to retrieve the drive serials and link them to the Linux tape drive.
> Does anyone have an alternative method we can use?

Hi Eric,

I think there should be a few available. One of them is to look
into /sys per HBA port and per SCSI target, the /proc/scsi/scsi can be
a source for paths.

,eg:
/sys/class/scsi_host/host6/device/rport-6:0-0/target6:0:0/6:0:0:0

This folder has lintape drive number serial_num

Probably there could be easier ways.

Alex.