ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSMVE Application Protection

2013-06-27 11:11:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSMVE Application Protection
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:08:11 +0000
Well, since no one else has responded, I'll expose my ignorance and suggest:

My understanding is that the VE app protection causes VE to truncate the logs,
like a DB backup would do.
Only one app can truncate the logs and still have valid backups.
So you would have to be careful about who ELSE might be truncating the logs,
for instance an SQL backup schedule that dumps to flat files....