ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: LTO-5, TS3310 and dual-port

2013-06-22 03:57:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: LTO-5, TS3310 and dual-port
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:43:30 +1000
Beware

instatape -A deletes and redefines all your tape devices, so you can't
use it if you have tapes in use.

HTH

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Canberra Australia

On 22/06/2013 7:27 AM, David Bronder wrote:
Or just:  /usr/lpp/Atape/instAtape -a
(That gets SMC devices, too.)

(Disclaimer:  I've never tried it with LTO5 drives, but it works for
3590/3592 drives using Atape, so if you're using Atape for your LTO5
driver, I'd expect it to work.)

Alex Paschal wrote:
Hi, Bill.  Honestly, there's no link required.  You simply cable and
zone.  Atape will handle the multipathing for you.

Here's a command to enable alt_pathing on all your tape devices:
lsdev -Cc tape | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -n1 -I asdf chdev -l asdf -a
alt_pathing=yes

Note:  that -I is a dash-capital-eye