ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] locating an archived file takes forever

2013-06-17 13:13:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] locating an archived file takes forever
From: "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:11:26 +0000
Have a node which was originally a windows 2000 machine running v5.3.7.
This server had many things archived to manage their disk space.
The server has been decommissioned, and its data moved from the 5.5.4 tsm
server to a server running 6.2.4 via export / import node.
We have given access to that data to another server running the 6.3.10 client.

When they go to search for a file using the tsm 6.3.10 gui client the search
may go for 10 to 15 hours.
If the original 5.3.7 client is run from the original server, searches are
completed in a reasonable length of time.

Any ideas?

I seem to remember something about a convert archive command, but I cannot
locate it at the moment.

Thanks for any help.