ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware

2013-06-17 09:56:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:54:10 -0400
That is correct.  All of my TSM servers have their DB/LOGS on internal
mirrored drives.  Only SAN connection on most of my TSM servers are for
tape drives.  Two years was the first time we connected EMC SAN storage to
two of my Linux TSM servers (I was the "guinea pig" since we never did this
before) and it was an adventure.

Since the extract is only 40GB, I could do that on the V5.5 server but I
didn't see a way to tell the upgrade GUI to skip to the import step.

My testing (on a slow test system) showed it should take less than 6-hours
so I am doing it this Friday.  I might try the "network method" folks seem
to prefer.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator