ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware

2013-06-14 16:11:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating last 5.5 server to 6.3.3 and new hardware
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:08:53 +0200
On 14 jun. 2013, at 22:02, Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU> wrote:

> How does that work?  Is the "source server" supposed to be running? - The
> "source" is 100GB or so and figured that would take a while ever with 1GB
> networking.  Sounds like the "grab it from DB tape backup" might be simpler.

the bottleneck is not usually the network, but the disk at the source server. 5
to a maximum of 10 GB/hour is the best performance to be expected. How, it
works: the dsmicfgx tool will guide you through the steps, and yes, the source
server must be down. That is BTW the reason why at that database size the
downtime is maybe an issue.