ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM NDMP separate data and tape server

2013-06-07 11:19:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM NDMP separate data and tape server
From: Shawn DREW <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:14:53 +0000
He is talking about a "3-way" NDMP backup introduced with NDMP v2.
It lets you use a second file server as a remote storage agent.
File Server 1 --> LAN --> File Server 2 --> Local/SAN attached tape drive.

The following thread discusses it, but I never got it working and I don't think
there was a definite resolution or documentation on it.  I was able to get the
"Remote" NDMP over IP variant working that is described in the TSM 5.4 5.5
Technical guide:
File Server 1 --> LAN --> TSM Server --> TSM Native storage pool (not
Netappdump) but not the "classic"3-way backup.

http://adsm.org/lists/html/ADSM-L/2009-10/msg00255.html

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.