ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Maximum nunmberof mount points

2013-06-04 12:10:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Maximum nunmberof mount points
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:08:28 +0000
Hello TSMers,

This is not a question, just a situation I have observed.  You folks probably
know about it, but some of the new people might not.

I run a report that checks the activity log for servers that have exceeded the
maximum number of mount points (ANR0539W).  One of my servers last night missed
more than 6,000 files during incremental backup but the 'q event' showed is was
successful.  A manual incremental backup ran successfully without any 'exceeded
mount point' messages.  It's a good thing to check for if you're not already
doing so.

I don't recall having seen this in the manual or in any discussion threads.  My
apologies if I have wasted your time.

Jim Schneider
United Stationers

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.