ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SNAPDIFF BACKUP FAILURE

2013-05-29 23:14:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] SNAPDIFF BACKUP FAILURE
From: joemon <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 19:41:48 -0700
Hi

I am facing an issue with Snapdiff backup of NAS filers using TSM. I have added
the shares in NAS and associated TSM schedules. The issue is with names I
think. My Share name and Volume name are different. But if I am not wrong,
Snapdiff is purely based on CIFS share name and not volume name. Is there any
relation to that? Can anyone help me in this regard.

I am getting the following error.

05/28/2013 00:00:08 ANS2836E Incremental backup operation using snapshot
difference is only available for full volumes. \\nasXX\YYYY is a partial volume
or qtree.
05/28/2013 00:00:08 ANS5283E The operation was unsuccessful.

05/28/2013 00:00:08 ANS1512E Scheduled event <Schedule name>' failed.  Return
code = 12.

where nasxx is NAS filer name and YYYY is share name.

Expecting suggestions.