ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] Now that I have a TS3500 - I have questions

2013-05-28 09:48:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] Now that I have a TS3500 - I have questions
From: "Marouf, Nick" <c-nimarouf AT PA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:43:15 -0400
Hello Zoltan,

        Congrats!
        For checkin I use the following

checkin libv 3584lib search=bulk checkl=barcode status=Scratch waitt=0

bulk means to check the Virtual I/O slots or entry doors. The YES option is
only needed if you want to scan the entire library. With ALMS option that your
library has the physical library is also keeping track of the tape locations,
and sending this to the tsm server when you checkin. I would also add the
waitt=0 option, so you don't have to wait the default 60 minutes, you can then
check the logs for any details related to the checkin.

        For the split libraries that you have setup, you can assign and
probably should assign a tape range associated with each virtual library. That
should take care of the unassigned tapes that you are seeing. Ultimately, you
should be able to insert a mix and match of volumes, and the library will
assign each of those tapes to its respective virtual library. Then you run the
tape checkin that assign a status of scratches to them.

        Take a look at the following online library settings under Cartridges
-> Cartridge Assignment Policy

-Nick