ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] select question on backups table

2013-05-07 10:24:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] select question on backups table
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:22:15 -0400
-----Gary Lee wrote: -----

>Tsm server 5.5.4.
>
>Windows client 6.3.0
>Will the following select show me all backups at and below the
>designated subdirectory?
>
>select * from backups where node_name='CASTSTORAGE' AND -
>upper(hl_NAME) like '\BIOMECHANICS\DICKIN\FATIGUE STUDY\FATIGUE
>STUDY'
>
>If not, where have I gone wrong?

Selects against the Version 5 'backups' table tend to be very
time consuming. It would almost certainly be faster to use client
facilities to find the backup files. Note that a TSM administer
with system privilege can do this from a Windows system other
than the one the files came from.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital