ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 6.3 issue(ANR0171I, ANR0162W, ANR1820E-error code

2013-05-02 10:34:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 6.3 issue(ANR0171I, ANR0162W, ANR1820E-error code
From: gopi muppidi <gopi.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:32:52 +0200
Hello

Seems to be this is DB2 Instance userid configuration issue.

Resolving the problem

To resolve this issue, check the following and make sure that they are
configured correctly. You will need to run the following commands to
validate if the configuration is correct.

db2set all
db2 list db directory
db2 list node directory
cat /etc/services | grep -i db2 ** Unix**
find /i "db2" c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services **Intel**
db2 get dbm cfg

Verify the following.

   1. Make sure that 'db2set all' displays the following environment
   variable as being set.
   For example :
   [g] DB2COMM=TCPIP
   2. Make sure that there is a DB2 port specified for the TSM Server/DB2
   connection in the 'services' file. For example :
   DB2_TSMINST1 60000/tcp
   Note that the name could be any name and the port can be any port but we
   suggest in the 60000 range.
   3. Verify that the 'db2 get dbm cfg' is setup correctly for the SVCENAME
   value according to the value in the 'services' file.
   For example :
   TCP/IP Service name (SVCENAME) = DB2_TSMINST1
   Note that the SVCENAME may specify a tcpip port instead of a service
   name from the services file.
   4. You can also verify if this is setup correctly by the output from
   'db2 list node directory'.
   For example :
   Service name = DB2_TSMINST1
   5. Make sure that you can ping the localhost which should resolve to
   127.0.0.1.
   For example :
   ping localhost

check the above configuration once values.

Cheers,
Gopi krishna.
MercedesBenz.