ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange questions

2013-05-01 12:56:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange questions
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:53:32 -0700

 Hi All,

Got some questions related to Exchange backups and restores.

First, I'm wondering if this shortcut properties is correct or needs adjusting.
"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\tdpexc.exe"
/tsmoptfile="D:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Tivoli\dsm_daily.opt"
/config="D:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Tivoli\tdpexc.cfg" /excserver=svr0008

Second: according to the customer they were told to install Microsoft MAPI
v1.2.1, which they did. When trying to do a restore of a mailbox to a .pst file
I'm told it fails. I have no error at this moment and the logs we found have
nothing in them so I'm wondering if and where that error might be written. I've
asked them to send me some screenshots of this error but don't have them yet.
So I guess I'm looking for info if anyone has performed this particular type
restore and might have gone through some troubleshooting because the initial
tries failed.

Thank You
Geoff Gill