ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 installation time frame

2013-04-30 11:15:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 installation time frame
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:13:09 -0400
When IBM adds a frame to our existing library they ask for 2 hours.   When
we
once moved our library (complete disassembly/reassembly) the disassembly
went
 fast, but assembly took that 2hr/frame, and that didn't involve
removing/inserting tapes
 (they moved the frames with the tapes still inside).  The 24 hours
doesn't sound that far off.

A thing to think about . . . electrical work:  are you reusing the power
lines from
the 3494?  Are the plugs/sockets  the same?

Rick