ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 installation time frame

2013-04-30 11:02:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 installation time frame
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:59:52 -0400
As always, I keep saying thanks for your fount of knowledge/experience.
 Sounds like there hasn't been a monumental change from the way the 3494
works.  There have always been issues with track/frame alignment and
re-alignment due to settling/loading/usage.

I have passed this on to my superiors and they aren't too happy about the
huge difference in time estimates.  Looks like it is going to be a long,
long Memorial Day weekend! Planned to start Friday morning to empty the
1200+ tapes from the 3494 and release it to IBM by noon.  Might have to
push back to Thursday.

"burn-in" was my poor choice of words.  In my mind, they have already
tested/"burned in" the library before handing over the keys to the
customer.  I guess their install doesn't include the configuration of the
library - I get all that fun....