ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] When to dsmserv removedb?

2013-04-30 04:24:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] When to dsmserv removedb?
From: Deirdre O'Callaghan <DEIRDREC AT IE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:21:29 +0100
Thank you for your comments in relation to the DSMSERV REMOVEDB command in
the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide and Administrator's
Reference.

After researching your comments, I can confirm that when you perform a V6
point-in-time restore, the preferred method is to issue the DSMSERV
REMOVEDB command first. This ensures that the system is in a clean state.
The system runs the db2 drop db and the db2 uncatalog db commands in the
background. When you restore to a specific point in time, the existing logs
are not a factor. All the required logs and the database image are
retrieved from the backup media.

I will update the DSMSERV RESTORE DB topic in the Administrator's Reference
that will be included in a future release of our documentation.

Please let me know if this does not address your concern, or if I can be of
further assistance.  Thank you again for your feedback.

Thanks!
Deirdre O'Callaghan
Tivoli Storage Manager information developer