ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New guide for optimizing Tivoli Storage Manager performance

2013-04-26 08:36:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New guide for optimizing Tivoli Storage Manager performance
From: "Marouf, Nick" <c-nimarouf AT PA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:33:57 -0400
Thank you Andy,

        This redbook is definitely a light reading compared to the rest of the
TSM rebooks. :) Thank you for all the fine tuning information being placed in
once place.

        I wanted to ask is anyone on the list using Dedup technology with an 8
LUN database backend as recommended in the article. Is there any readily
available data to show the performance enhancements?

        I'm currently setup with 4 folders under one LUN, with multiple paths
to the SAN. I have yet to see any negative performance or IO bottlenecks.

E:\Database\Server01\DB001
E:\Database\Server01\DB002
E:\Database\Server01\DB003
E:\Database\Server01\DB004

Assuming the benefits are huge, a database backup and restore with a dir input
file is the only clean way to split it up over multiple luns instead of folders.

Thanks for any feedback,

-Nick

Nick Marouf | Systems Administrator Consultant
PA Department of Transportation | Bureau of Infrastructure and Operations
1400A North Cameron St | Harrisburg PA 17103
Phone:  717.346.5547 | Fax:  717.346.5530
www.dot.state.pa.us