ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] vss errors

2013-04-22 16:24:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] vss errors
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:22:18 -0400
Hi Gary,

The short answer: APAR IC71533 is fixed in the level of code you are using.

That APAR was fixed in 6.1.5 and 6.2.2, which were the latest available
releases at the time the APAR was closed. But once an APAR is fixed, the
fix remains in future releases as well.

The ANS0361I message by itself is generic. There are almost certainly some
corresponding error messages in the dsmsched.log or dsmerror.log as well.
Check those, along with the Windows event logs (application and system) for
other possible indications of trouble. Use the command "vssadmin list
writers" to ensure all VSS writers are in a non-error stable state. You can
also try using the built-in WBADMIN tool to try to back up the system
state, to see if the problem is specific to TSM or is more generalized.

Regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
Documentation Central/page/Tivoli Storage Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-04-22
14:33:49: