ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager question

2013-04-21 16:18:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager question
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:17:04 -0500
This thread has strayed.

There's no special magic here. On the client server, you define the
library as SHARED. That's how it knows. Then you run CHECKIN on the
Library Manager. Just remember: The Library Manager owns the LIBVOLS and
the DRIVES, and the Library Client owns the VOLUMES.

It's all pretty well described in "TSM Administrators Guide". It even
contains a step-by-step procedure for doing exactly what you are doing.
The only tricky part is knowing which TSM server (manager or client) you
need to run which commands on. Get that right and everything just works,
though when I did it, I had a strong feeling like I was the proverbial
restaurant waiter who pulls the tablecloth out without disturbing the
place setting.

"No one may throw an old computer across the street at their neighbor."
-- city ordinance, Warsaw, Indiana