ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation anomaly report

2013-04-16 20:17:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation anomaly report
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:15:39 -0500
If you absolutely need for nodes to be isolated on their own media, why aren't
they in their own individual domains which point to their own storage pools,
all of which might share a library?

Frankly, I like that TSM will override collocation preferences when its at
MAXSCR for volumes in a pool.

Just a thought,
Nick

On Apr 16, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We use collocation to segment data into collocation groups and nodes,
> but recently found that collocation is on a "best efforts" basis and
> will use any tape if there is not enough space.
>
> I understand the theory behind this but it does not help with compliance
> requirements. I know that we should make sure that there are always
> enough free tapes, but without any way to know we have no proof that we
> are in compliance.

<snip>