ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Node Replication Question

2013-04-02 14:59:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Node Replication Question
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:58:08 +0100
2 x TSM server v6.3.3
On AIX 7.1

Hi

I have approximately 250 clients for which i need to run 'replicate node'
to a second TSM server. My understanding is that initial replication will
do all data, thereafter only data that is not on the target server.

All backups run to the source server - the target server is at a remote
site and exists prely for data subject to 'replicate node' processing.

Everthing is configured, running the commands results in successful
processes and I can see the data in the storage pool on the target server.

On both servers, I have a 2tb stgpool for the client backups and a tape
library with LTO4 media.
Overall, there is approxmately 130tb of data managed in the source TSM
server.

On the source server, i assume i no longer need to run backup stgpool, as
replicate node is producing my offsite copy of the data.
On the source server, I still run daily migration processing to empty the
pool for the following night's backups.

But what about the target server? Does the stgpool have to be large enough
to hold ALL data or can i simply run migration processes on that backup
pool and leave it at 2tb?

Thanks in advance