ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] FW: Export node to another server is slow for Windows 2008 R2 64 bit node

2013-04-01 13:35:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] FW: Export node to another server is slow for Windows 2008 R2 64 bit node
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 17:32:36 +0000
Hello Wanda,
Thank you very much for detailed and helpful answers.
Fortunately, I have new TSM Server 6.3.3.100 and TSM Client 6.4.0. In addition,
I have used recommended way of upgrade for all Windows 2008 servers - perform
full backup to new server and keep old server for some time till data is
expired.
Of course, I have not set   SYSTEMSTATEBACKUPMETHOD  FULL yet and continue to
run incremental SYSTEMSTATE backup on new server.
I do not think it is critical. How about proposal to run selective backup for
SYSTEMSTATE periodically to expire old backup together with all pointers?

Grigori G. Solonovitch
Senior Systems Architect  Ahli United Bank Kuwait  www.ahliunited.com.kw

Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail