ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SAP Migration - sanity check

2013-03-21 08:05:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] SAP Migration - sanity check
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:04:08 +0000
Hi All

I need to migrate an SAP enviroment from one country to another - and would
appreciate a sanity check of my thoughts so far...

Current environ is SAP on Oracle on AIX, TSM (5.5) is on Windows.
Target environ is SAP on Oracle on AIX, TSM (5.5) is on AIX.

My bit is the db migration.  The customer wants to do a standard
brbackup/brrestore on their end.

With that in mind, I'm looking to do the brbackup then export to tape.
Ship the tapes, then import into TSM.  (The bandwidth & latency between the
sites will not support an export direct to the target).

I think it is, but is that doable from TSM on Windows to TSM on AIX?
Also, is there an easy way to encrypt the export tape? i.e. without
resorting to tape encryption and key managers etc.

Thanks

Steven