ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Not enough space in /opt to 'upgrade'

2013-03-18 12:18:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Not enough space in /opt to 'upgrade'
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:16:26 +0100
Hi guys!

I'm running a TSM test server (AIX) and after successfully upgrading it
to 6.2 I uninstalled all 5.5 packages. Apparently too much was deleted,
because now the server won't start:

=> $ ./dsmserv

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./dsmserv because of the following
errors:

        0509-150   Dependent module libdb2.a(shr_64.o) could not be
loaded.

        0509-022 Cannot load module libdb2.a(shr_64.o).

        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
not exist

So I tried installing the 6.2 code again, but it fails because it checks
/opt/tivoli/tsm for the amount of space available. There is 800 Mb. free
which is not enough for a new installation, but since this is an
'upgrade' which will replace 99% of all files, it is large enough.

Is there any way to have the installer skip this space check?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Kind regards,

Eric van Loon

AF/KLM Storage Engineering