ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm and hyperv servers

2013-03-14 11:51:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm and hyperv servers
From: Rick Harderwijk <rick.harderwijk AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:49:20 +0100
I believe one should not try to backup running VMs from the 'outside'
without the proper tools that support that. You will not get a valid backup
(just like you should not try to do a file backup from a SQL server
database in that way).

Exclude the drive(s) holding the VM drives, memory maps etc, and backup the
VM from within the server itself (just as you would with a physical
server). No problems here, except for the odd VSS hang now and then.

Cheers,
Rick