ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: 3592 upgrades....

2013-03-01 10:49:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: 3592 upgrades....
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:46:13 +0000
Many thanks all!

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
William Sefranek
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:51 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

We are in the same situation as Dave, as we were transferring tapes to a new
3584 robot and labeling them upon checkin to the TSM servers. I also had the
same concerns about using the our old tapes with the E07 drives but monitoring
the moved tapes and observing them is use without any issues relieved our
worries.
Lastly on the scratch
tape reuse if you have your devclass set to use the higher format( i.e.
3592-4C E07)
that when the server grabs a scratch tape and starts to write to it that the
tape will be using the higher data capacity format. During the purchase of our
robot, the scratch cycle process utilizing a higher data format was confirmed
by our vendor's TSM consultant.

--
William Sefranek
University at Buffalo