ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to load via a commandline a second TSM Storage Agent - part 2

2013-02-27 13:10:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to load via a commandline a second TSM Storage Agent - part 2
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:08:21 -0800
Hi, Robert.  I think this is the point of confusion.
     tcpport is the TSM Server's listener port.
     lanfreetcpport is the port on which the stg agent listens.

Between your two instances, tcpport should be the same if both instances are talking to the same TSM Server.

The two lanfreetcpports should be different because the two instances cannot listen on the same port at the same time. You will likely require multiple dsm.opt files so this can be set separately for each stg agent.