ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ibmtape on win2k8

2013-02-14 11:09:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] ibmtape on win2k8
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:56:37 +0100
Hi All,

we're installing an IBM TS2900 on a Win2k8R2 server. Downloaded the signed
6.2.3.3 device driver from IBM. No problem configuring the driver for the media
changer, but no go on the LTO4 drive. After a long while windows reports that a
timeout has occurred on the installation of the driver.

Since win2k8r2 there is no windows removable media service, so no service to
disable there. We've tried multiple versions of the driver, all with the same
result. Even worse, with the driver installed (after the timeout) Windows
does't even boot any more....

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,